AUSI organises at the start of each semester a series of COMPULSORY orientation workshops, activities and programs to provide students with valuable information and assistance to help them make an effective and efficient transition to study at AUSI and to perform at their best as quickly as possible.
During their orientation, students receive the following information:
- Enrollment, involving course selection and timetable.
- Program information.
- Student ID card.
- Introduction to the range of services and facilities offered at AUSI.
- Textbook information.
- Tour of the college.
- Introduction of AUSI Staff.
- Tour of Westlands.
- Different Banks invited to AUSI for students to open accounts.
- Library orientation workshop, familiarising students with the library (including on-line resources), borrowing, research skills,etc.
- Referencing and plagiarism workshop, familiarising students with how to reference properly and what plagiarism is and how it affects academia.
- Study skills and exam preparation workshop, familiarising students with how to study effectively in a university environment where independent study is encouraged, as well as how to effectively prepare for exams.
- Computer skills workshop, familiarising students with common applications, as well as the Internet, portal and email usage.